The FIT For Charity Run organising committee members gathered on November 7, 2005, at the Foreign Correspondents Club Japan in Tokyo, to present a donation check of JPY 16.7 million to the charities the run supported. Representatives from all five charities expressed their thanks for the contributions and shared their plans for how the donation money would be used. Below is an outline of the efforts the funds went toward:
- Organisation of seminars and a summer camp for domestic violence/child abuse victims
- Production of news letters.
Japan HIV Center:
- Couseling and support for people with HIV, including the organisation’s Living Centers in Tokyo
- Transportation fees for counselors and welfare managers nationwide
- Research funding for and participation in the 2006 International Aids Conference, in Toronto
- College tuition support for fourteen 18-year-old students.
Second Harvest Japan:
- Distribution of food to the 100 organisations Second Harvest Japan supports, with particular focus on a program to support single mothers
Special Olympics Tokyo:
- Support of the 2007 Japan National Games, in Kumamoto, where 1,000 athletes competed to represent Japan in the 2007 Shanghai World Summer Games.